Meet Carmen! Carmen is our first nomination for the Curvy Spotlight series. She is a local girl from Virgina who loves fashion and her curves. Read the complete interview to get to know Carmen as she tells us a little about her style, fashion tips, and tricks.
Carmen a.k.a. Carmello
2. Where are you from?
3. If you had to pick a word that describes you what would it be?
Curvy Spotlight: Meet Carmen
4. If we took a peek in your closet what would we see?
Everything, from dresses, blazers, skirts, shirts, etc.
5. How would you describe your personal style?
I like to dress up comfortably, and usually dress to however I am feeling that day.
6. What’s the one fashion item you can’t live without?
7. Current favorite fashion trend?
8. Name one of your favorite designers and why?
I don’t really have one, I usually just buy whatever brand looks good on me and is affordable as well.
9. Where are your favorite places to shop at?
Considering the fact that I work at H&M, I would definitely have to say H&M, I love Macy’s as well.
10. Bold lip or nude lip?
Bold lip, my best friend has got me addicted to chocolicious by REVLON.
11. What’s your Favorite Quote?
Live life to the fullest! Also, Live. Laugh. Love.
12. I love my curves because______.
I was born with them, I am grateful for the body God gave me, it may not look like others, nor be perfect, but I am glad to call it mine.
13. Who’s your style icon or fashion inspiration?
My best friend Donnie has definitely inspired me to step out of the box, I mean who matches anymore. Lol. She’s taught me that different patterns and colors can make one rockin’ outfit!
14. Favorite fashion magazine?
I don’t have one, but usually at work we have Vogue, Seventeen, Glamour, I’m not really into reading magazines.
15. If you the world was ending and you could only take one outfit with you, what would it be?
Honestly, I don’t think I’d be thinking about outfits during that time.
16. One place in the world you want to visit and why
I’ve always wanted to go to Europe; there is just so much history, art and architecture there. I would mainly want to go to Paris, because my uncle before he passed was going to take me there. I would love to experience the culture food and music. If not Paris, then definitely Puerto Rico, to see where my dad was born.
17. What’s you favorite fashion season and why? i.e. Fall, Spring, Summer or Winter
Most definitely Fall, I’m a Spring baby, and Fall just seems to bring the coolness of Spring, however I love the color changes of the trees and how purple (my favorite color to wear) just looks amazing in it. Plus I love how a blazer either with pants or a dress and a light scarf looks together.
18. What’s one fashion tip you would give to all the curvy women out there?
Be comfortable with and love your body.