Meet Erin! Erin was our lovely model for our J’adore Mes Courbes photo shoot. Get to know more about Erin as she tells us about her fashion favorites and the one place she’s dying to visit!
2. Where are you from?
I’m originally from West Chester, PA, but I’ve been in DC since 2005.
3. If you had to pick a word that describes you what would it be?
4. If we took a peek in your closet what would we see?
Skinny jeans and flowy tops as far as the eye can see.
5. How would you describe your personal style?
I like to think of myself as edgily classic. I love simple silhouettes in bright colors paired with edgier accessories. I’m going through a skull phase at the moment haha
6. What’s the one fashion item you can’t live without?
My rose gold Sperry’s. I know they’re supposed to be a summer shoe, but I rock them all year round.
7. Current favorite fashion trend?
Anything mint. I think it’s a really easy color to wear and brightens up everyone’s complexion. I literally just bought 5 mint colored tops and a mint pair of jeans. Apparently it’s my fashion crack!
8. Name one of your favorite designers and why?
9. Where are your favorite places to shop at?
I mainly shop online since online stores tend to have a better size selection. I get my basics from Old Navy, and a lot of my trendier pieces from Dorothy Perkins and ASOS.
10. Bold lip or nude lip?
Bold lip for sure!
11. What’s your Favorite Quote?
“Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you’re better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you’re unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously.” – Absolutely Fabulous
12. I love my curves because______.
They help me stand out; I’m not easily overlooked.
13. Who’s your style icon or fashion inspiration?
I love London street fashion. There’s every possible look from punk to couture, and everyone seems so comfortable with themselves.
14. Favorite fashion magazine?
I like Marie Claire. They have a good mix of fashion, beauty, and women’s issues, and I think the writing is a lot smarter than some other women’s magazines.
15. If you the world was ending and you could only take one outfit with you, what would it be?
My flowy white sleeveless top from Dorothy Perkins, a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, a brightly colored cardigan, and my Sperry’s. You have to be comfortable for the end of the world!
16. One place in the world you want to visit and why?
I want to visit Russia in the worst way. There’s so much history there, and I want to see the famous cathedral in Moscow.
17. What’s you favorite fashion season and why? i.e. fall, spring, summer or winter
I love fall! I’m a jeans kind of girl, and I miss them during the summer months.
18. What’s one fashion tip you would give to all the curvy women out there?
Try stuff on! Sometimes I’ll find something is 2 or 3 sizes smaller than what I normally wear, but it will still fit me.